11 September 2009

TGIF

What a LONG week! But it is over, and I'm ready for the weekend. Not sure what time we'll be leaving for T-town tomorrow, but it won't be soon enough for me. If I had to move somewhere and it couldn't be the lake, it would be Tuscaloosa. I love that town. Not too big; not too small; just right. Plus, there is LOTS of crimson and houndstooth to be found. LOL

Today was another pep rally day at school. Boy, the kids were wired. I don't know what it is that makes them think that pep rally days are supposed to be "do nothing" days. None of our teachers ever give them that impression. I know that students didn't act that way 25 years ago. The only time that we had an "off" day was on homecoming, and that was only a half day.

Speaking of homecoming...ours is next week. We're going back to the traditional get-out-of-school-half-day-for-the-parade method, and I'm really glad. For the last 4 or 5 years, we've had our parade on Thursday night, and then Friday was just a normal school day, with the exception of a pep rally.

I don't know about you, but some of my most fun high school memories are from our school's homecoming. We worked on floats for the entire week, and then Friday was the parade. I remember a couple of years that we would have a movie in the auditorium before getting out for the parade. The pep rally always took place downtown under the red light. (Yeah, Oakman was...and is...very small. We had only one red light.) The whole town turned out for it. Lots of fun memories!

Of course, today there is so much stuff that has to be done and accounted for that it is really hard to have fun at school. Oh, sure, I know that the purpose of school isn't to have fun, but I truly don't see how one or two days a year can hurt. I never gripe when the seniors take their unofficial senior skip day. If they aren't in danger of failing, one day won't hurt.

OK...so that's enough for now. I'm gonna try to convince John that we need to go to La Posada. I'm feeling the need for some salsa. :)

Have a GREAT weekend, and

ROLL TIDE!!

No comments:

I love my Crimson Tide!

I really, REALLY mean this...

JellyMuffin.com - The place for profile layouts, flash generators, glitter graphics, backgrounds and codes

Just a few friends

Total Pageviews

Thanks for stopping by!