15 February 2010

Shoot me. NOW!

A teacher died & went to Heaven. As St. Peter took her on a tour, she saw beautiful homes with people out in their yards having a wonderful time. As they got to the neighborhood for teachers, she saw the same kinds of beautiful homes, but not one person was to be seen. Puzzled, she asked St. Pete if there were no teachers who had ever made it to Heaven. He looked at her and replied, "Oh sure. Plenty of teachers made it to Heaven. They are just all in hell today for inservice."

THAT'S HOW I FEEL! We have a 4-hour inservice today. We still have about 3 hours to go. Can somebody please end my misery?

I know it's been almost a month since I posted last. There is a very good reason. John & I bought new furniture for the den, and THEN we decided to replace the carpet. Yeah, we did that just a little backwards. Anyway, we ordered the carpet from a local business. You know, keep the dollars in the community. Well, we were told that the particular carpet we chose wouldn't be a problem to get at all. He'd have it in 4 to 6 days. Four days, five days, six days, seven days-no call. On day 8, John called. The carpet was having to be manufactured & hopefully they'd have it by the end of last week or the beginning of this week. So what does that have to do with me not posting lately? When we thought we would be having new carpet within a week, we took everything out of the den & the front bedroom, which meant we disconnected the computer. And that was two weeks ago. I can post from my phone but I don't like to.

Right now, four rooms of furniture are crammed into two rooms. We moved all of the living room furniture to one end & put the den & bedroom furniture in there & in the dining room. The only comfy place to watch TV is in the bedroom. If we don't have new carpet installed by the end of the week, John Vest ain't gonna be happy. It wouldn't have been a problem IF we'd been called & told it would be longer than the 4-6 days we originally thought.

My sweet hubby took me to a movie & dinner for Valentine's Day. We saw Crazy Heart, and then we were going to go to Mikata's Japanese Steakhouse. Because we had popcorn & a Coke at the movie, we weren't hungry as soon as the movie was over, so we went to The Home Depot & Lowe's (to compare carpet prices). By the time we got to the restaurant, the wait was FOR.EVER, so we went elsewhere. I was so disappointed, so I really didn't have a preference. The place we ended up going to was okay, but service was slllooowww. I told John I thought I'd get over some of my disappointment with chocolate lava cake for dessert. They didn't have any. Other than the movie, everything we'd planned didn't happen. I think we'll try dinner at Mikata's again this weekend.

I guess I should stop blogging & pay closer attention.

I hope y'all have a GREAT day. And please overlook any goofs. I read over this, but it is all together possible I missed something. I usually do when I post from my phone. :)

No comments:

I love my Crimson Tide!

I really, REALLY mean this...

JellyMuffin.com - The place for profile layouts, flash generators, glitter graphics, backgrounds and codes

Just a few friends

Total Pageviews

Thanks for stopping by!