24 February 2010

Bipolar weather

Let me begin by saying that I am in no way making light of bipolar disorder or any other mental illness. My brother was, after years of hell, diagnosed as bipolar a couple of years or so ago. I know first hand the struggles, the fears, the anger that friends and family go through when a loved one suffers with a mental illness. But I know no other way to explain this crazy weather we've had in Alabama this winter.

Alabama weather is typically a little crazy anyway. Shorts on Christmas Day? Sure. Snowmen in April? Why not. No rain for weeks at a time. Then it seems like it's monsoon season. One hundred degree summers with 100% humidity. We just get used to it. This winter, though, has been more nuts than normal.

Winters are cold when the temps are in the low 30s (or they are to me.) Temperatures will occasionally dip into the upper 20s, but rarely do they ever STAY in the 20s. This winter, records for consecutive days in the 20s were set. I think we learned what cold really is. I do know beyond a shadow of a doubt that I never want to live in a place that experiences those kinds of temperatures regularly. LOL

In Tallapoosa County, we had our second (or was it third??) day of snow today. (Fortunately, it didn't stick, but it was really pretty.) It was in the 60s over the weekend, and then it was cold enough for snow today. And the weather gurus are saying that there could be MORE snow. If we get one snow a winter, we're surprised. I think in the entire state, there have been six or seven days when there has been a "snow event." It is crazy, I tell you. CRAZY!

I am a warm-weather person. I love to sit out in the sunshine. I feel happy when I can feel the sun on my face. I am really tired of cold weather. I neeeeeeed summer!

1 comment:

NucMEd is Hot said...

Trina, cold is taking the dog out at 5 when it's 15 below...before the wind chill. I feel ya though, when you are used to something in particular and that crazy ass Mother Nature throws you a curve ball, it stinks...hope you thaw out soon!

I love my Crimson Tide!

I really, REALLY mean this...

JellyMuffin.com - The place for profile layouts, flash generators, glitter graphics, backgrounds and codes

Just a few friends

Total Pageviews

Thanks for stopping by!