25 November 2009

Thanksgiving!

Without a doubt, Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. It isn't that I don't love Easter, Christmas, Valentine's Day, or the 4th of July, but Thanksgiving is really about the only holiday that isn't so overly commercialized. Thanksgiving isn't about getting or giving gifts; it's about being thankful for all of the blessings in our lives. It is about getting together with family & friends and simply enjoying their company.

I love Easter and Christmas because of their significance in my life as a Christian, but be honest...in today's society, so much of those holidays revolves around the Easter Bunny and Santa Claus and "what am I going to get." Even among Christians.

We'll be spending tomorrow with family, and I know that as I look around the room, I will be filled with so much love and thankfulness because God allowed me to share my life with them.

I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Look around you and notice those little things that we so often take for granted.

God bless you, and I love you!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i completely agree! what a great holiday - just being able to spend it with loved ones and those we are thankful for! happy thanksgiving to you and yours!

Anonymous said...

I so love your post. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

I love my Crimson Tide!

I really, REALLY mean this...

JellyMuffin.com - The place for profile layouts, flash generators, glitter graphics, backgrounds and codes

Just a few friends

Total Pageviews

Thanks for stopping by!