17 February 2012

TGIF!!

Have you ever had one of those weeks that seems to last six months?  Yeah, me too.  And this was one of them.  Every single morning this week, I woke up thinking it was Friday.  Every.  Single.  Morning.  Do you know how long that makes the week seem?  If you haven't experienced this, I don't suggest you try it because it STINKS!

For some reason, I have been exceptionally tired this week, too.  I'd be really concerned if everyone else wasn't walking about with toothpicks holding his/her eyelids open, too.  John and I went to bed at 7:15 Tuesday night, and it wasn't because it was Valentine's and we were making whoopie.  Nope, we went to bed and promptly went to sleep.  Until 8:30.  At 8:30, the home phone and my cell phone starting ringing at the same time, and that can mean only one thing.  School Cast. 

We get School Cast calls anytime something special or different is going on at school.  Today is a half day for students, so a School Cast call went out Tuesday night about 8:30 to notify parents.  John hates them, and sometimes they can be aggravating, but I tell him that all he has to do is pick up the phone, say hello, wait a second or two for the message to begin and then hang up.  Since they go to my cell phone too, I'll get them. It was rotten to be jarred from a nice sleep, though.

Last night we went out to dinner with Lance, Jess, and Layton.  They suggested the Irish Bred Pub in Opelika.  I've heard of it, but John and I have never been, so we said sure!  I don't think that will be our last visit.  Oh my!  Jess got the baked chicken with vodka sauce.  It was basically chicken Parmesan, and it was delicious!  Lance got shepherd's pie.  It looked really good, and he said it was.  John got pork tenderloin.  It was very tender and had a very slight smoky taste to it.  Definitely something I'd get on another visit.  I opted for the grilled shrimp.  Oh my!  They were fabulous!  Jess and I both got the stone ground grits.  YUM!  And I guess our server felt sorry for me since I was the only one who didn't order a salad, so he brought me a cup of potato and bacon soup.  My mouth waters just thinking about it.

Like I said, today is a half day for students, and the afternoon is supposed to be professional development.  As far as we all know, we have no meetings after the students leave, so I guess the afternoon will be for us to work in our rooms.  I've taken up the first set of note cards from the seniors, so I'll work on them.  From the looks of it, it shouldn't take me long to grade them because quite of few students didn't turn in the required 20 cards.  **sigh**

I have an intern this semester, and she is awesome!  Once I gave my spiel about how to put their note cards in their baggies (yeah, I'm picky about that), I left the class to her.  I didn't just come hang out in our lounge (new and improved, thanks to Vicki!!)  I had three videos about the new English Language Arts Course of Study to watch.  I found the first two, but I didn't see the third one.  I don't know if I was looking in the wrong place or if it hasn't been posted yet.  I figured today would be a good day to start easing out and letting her take the classes on her own. 

Wednesday, several of us will be going to an PD on English Language Learners.  I am so excited.  Not necessarily about the PD but about getting to sleep until 6 or 6:15.  It takes so little to excite me.  hahaha 

Want to hear something that really does excite me?  Spa days!!  And I am taking one Friday!!  My intern last spring gave me a gift certificate for a 30-minute massage at a spa in Auburn.  I planned on using it over the summer, but it didn't happen.  Then I thought I'd use it during fall break.  I don't remember why I didn't use it then.  Over Christmas break, I just never got around to scheduling anything.  Finally, a couple of weeks ago, I called and made my appointment.  I'm actually getting the Essential Spa Experience.  I decided to do that and apply the gift certificate to it.  I'll get a 45-minute massage, the Essential facial, and the Essential pedicure.  My body is already anticipating the day. 

Another hour until the darlings are released.  Once they're gone, I might find a corner to curl up in and nap.  Hmmm...I guess I could turn off the lights her in the lounge and curl up on the sofa.  It's fairly comfy.  :)

I hope your week hasn't been as long and tiring as mine has been, but if it has, I hope you have a wonderfully relaxing weekend!  I certainly plan to!

Have a GREAT day!

1 comment:

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

You are so funny. I love Shepherds pie and make it pretty often. I will have to do it one day for lunch.

I love my Crimson Tide!

I really, REALLY mean this...

JellyMuffin.com - The place for profile layouts, flash generators, glitter graphics, backgrounds and codes

Just a few friends

Total Pageviews

Thanks for stopping by!