11 November 2010

All settled in

John just talked to Connie.  Billie's transfer to the nursing home went well.  Thank you, God!  She said the ambulance crew were friends of Luke's, and they had her laughing.  She's been told she's going for rehab in order to build up her strength, and with her memory having gotten so bad, she won't remember if she's been there for a day or a month.  For now, she is in the Alzheimer's unit, but Connie said that she would probably be moved into the other part once she's had time to adjust.  Connie said that the lady who is her roommate right now is basically just lying there.  That isn't what Billie needs.  She needs to have people she can talk to and "visit" with.  I would think there are some in the Alzheimer's unit who are communicative, so maybe she can meet some of them.

Today was the twelve year anniversary of Grannie's death.  I still remember that phone call just like it happened this morning.  And the hurt is still just as deep.  Fortunately, it doesn't hurt every day.  Most memories now make me smile. 

I enjoyed my day off. Slept late (8ish...yeah, that's late to me now), had coffee while I read the paper and did the crossword puzzle, put the shoes that my closet had projectile vomited last week back into my closet, got a pedi, bought paint samples for the bathroom, and got my hair done.  I kept the same color, but I went with a shorter cut.  It isn't exactly like the picture I took in, but maybe I'll be able to make it do what I want. 
Going to work tomorrow will be hard after being off today.

Today is Veteran's Day.  I am so proud to be the daughter, granddaughter, niece, cousin, daughter-in-law, sister-in-law, aunt, and friend of veterans of the various wars/conflicts.  (I hope I didn't leave out any connections!)  I know that it is a great sacrifice to leave behind family and friends in order to carry out your commitment to our country, and it has to be extremely difficult to say those good-byes knowing that there is a chance you won't see your loved ones again.  For every man and woman who has served, I thank you.  I appreciate all that you have done for America.

Have a GREAT day!

1 comment:

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

Glad to hear it has gone well.

I love my Crimson Tide!

I really, REALLY mean this...

JellyMuffin.com - The place for profile layouts, flash generators, glitter graphics, backgrounds and codes

Just a few friends

Total Pageviews

Thanks for stopping by!