19 January 2009

The ABC game

I'm going to get around to the ABC game in just a bit, but first I want to say THANKS for everyone who left super nice comments telling me to feel better. After two solid days of doing pretty much nothing except lying around, I do feel better. My head still feels like it's stuffed full of cotton, but at least the sneezing and fever are gone.

Yesterday, my awesome, fabulous, fantastic, wonderful hubby went to the store to get the makings for a pot of homemade chicken soup. I told him that I thought it would be good, and the next thing I know, he's tossing it together. He is the best. husband. ever. And I'm sooooo glad he's mine. :) He made enough extra so we have four bags in the freezer. That will be really good on those evenings when I just can't think about cooking dinner.

So, now on to the ABC game. Feel free to play along yourself on your own blog.

A. Attached or single? Very happily attached. See above about the hubby.

B. Best friend? Mom, Susan, Connie, and then several others who are right up there!

C. Cake or pie? It depends on the mood and what is offered.

D. Dog or cat? Dogs -- two rat terriers who are without a doubt the most spoiled animals on the face of the earth! I do love a cat though.

E. Essential item? My BlackBerry

F. Favorite color? Red

G. Gummy bears or worms? Yeech. Neither. I hate anything gummy. I don't even like jelly beans!

H. Hometown? Oakman, AL. A small town where everyone knows everything about everybody, but it is a great place to raise a family. Partly because everyone knows everything about everybody and is there to help in a heartbeat.

I. Favorite indulgence? Pedicures. And I need one badly.

J. January or July? Oh, no question...July. Remember my earlier post when I said I've self-diagnosed myself with seasonal affective disorder?

K. Kids? Two (step)daughters. No biological children BY CHOICE, which evidently makes me selfish and unable to be an effective teacher because I can't "relate" to the kids since I haven't raised any of my own.

L. Life isn’t complete without? My family and friends.

M. Marriage date? December 20, 1992

N. Number of brothers and sisters? One brother that I grew up with, a half-sister that I didn't meet until I was 17, and a step-brother who visited from Texas occasionally

O. Oranges or apples? Apples if they are CRISP and JUICY

P. Phobias? Big, huge, long bridges--like the one over Lake Pontchartrain

Q. Quote? "It is better to be hated for what you are than loved for what you are not." — AndrĂ© Gide I really don't like people who pretend to be something they aren't.

R. Reasons to smile? My life.

S. Season of choice? Summer.

T. Travel dreams? I would love to spend an entire summer in England.

U. Unknown fact about me? When I was about 3 and we lived on base in Virginia, I was pushed into a cinder-block storage building with no windows. From that point on until I started to school, I wouldn't talk to anyone except Mom and Dad. Well, I would talk to people on the phone. Fortunately (I guess) I don't remember it.

V. Vegetable? Green beans that have been seasoned just right and cooked to death. No nutrients in 'em for me. LOL

W. Worst habit? Procrastination!

X. X-ray or ultrasound? X-rays every year for the girls. I did have to have an ultrasound a couple of years ago on the left girl because of an "unclassified area of concern" but it was just a cyst.

Y. Your favorite restaurants? Provino's, Superior Grill, Dreamland Barbecue (the original)

Z. Zodiac sign? Sagittarius

It's time for me to stop procrastinating now and take a shower. I'm taking Jessi's car to Auburn Mazda for them to check the fuse on the headlight. Once we get that taken care of, there shouldn't be anything left to go wrong on her car. hahahaha

Have a GREAT Monday!

No comments:

I love my Crimson Tide!

I really, REALLY mean this...

JellyMuffin.com - The place for profile layouts, flash generators, glitter graphics, backgrounds and codes

Just a few friends

Total Pageviews

Thanks for stopping by!