30 May 2008

Project #1 is FINISHED!

Well, the painting part of it is. I still have all the stuff to put away (or at least hide until I start the dining room.) Tomorrow, John has to replace the light switches and outlets, and then we can start moving stuff back in.

I took a break for a few hours this afternoon and rode to Opelika. I wanted to go to Kirkland's and to Hobby Lobby to get a few things (and to Dick's for a new pair of Crocs.) I got a pretty set of sconces that I'm going to use on either side of the mantle and a decorative plate and a bowl to use on the mantle. I found a gorgeous arrangment at Hobby Lobby, but they wanted 60 bucks for it. I have a really pretty vase in a stand already, so I just bought the stuff to do the arrangment myself! I may not be able to come up with decorating ideas myself, but I can sure recreate something. :)

My curtains came today, too, so I got rods for them. The door panels are on backorder until August 1, but that's okay. I can live with the one already on the door until then. I did go ahead and get panels for the French doors between the living room and dining room and one for the door between the living room and the hallway. I haven't had anything on these doors in forever, but I decided to put something back on them. I especially want something on the door at the hallway since you can see straight into our bedroom from outside! I didn't get sheer panels to use with the curtains, but once we get them up, I may decide to get the sheers. It just depends on the way it looks without them and how well the panel on the hallway door hides the bedroom. lol

I'm taking a break from painting for a couple of weeks. I really wanted to try to get it all done at the same time, but it just ain't happenin'! Mom will be here from Monday until Wednesday. My jewelry party is Tuesday night, and on Thursday, Susan and I have a spa day planned. I'm staying at her house Thursday night so we can do a pool day on Friday. I'll head to the lake from there, and then John and the pups will come when he gets off work. The pups and I will stay the next week, and then John will come back the following weekend. Then, I'll get back to painting.

Fortunately, after the dining room is done, the only thing left will be to repaint our bedroom, and that really won't be hard. The ceiling and trim work won't need anything done--just the walls. Actually, that won't be the last thing. We'll still have the bathroom to do, but there is more to do there than just paint. That will be more of John's project than mine. :)

No comments:

I love my Crimson Tide!

I really, REALLY mean this...

JellyMuffin.com - The place for profile layouts, flash generators, glitter graphics, backgrounds and codes

Just a few friends

Total Pageviews

Thanks for stopping by!